Saturday 6 December 2014

Breaking Up Is Hard to Do

Dear Kettle,

Thank you for the hot water for the tea this morning, it was much appreciated. We need to talk. We have had some lovely times together heating water for assorted drinks, do you remember how we laughed when I related the tale of my describing you to my BFF Stephen? How I told him I had a kettle that could boil water at 70, 80, 90 and 100 degrees centigrade, and how it had transformed the taste of my green and white teas? And how he asked if it operated under some sort of vacuum then? So funny. But, do you also remember when I came home with a gifted second hand Dolce Gusto machine? You may have felt redundant when it came to creating coffee based drinks, and I know I could have handled the introduction better. It worked out though, as a team the pair of you excelled at providing hot beverages. But we know there is another issue, don't we? This is not your fault, far from it. It is the process of producing tasty loose leaf tea drinks. I have never been comfortable enough with the teapot (built-in infuser) to use it frequently. I appreciate that you always provided water at the correct temperature to assist with this but I really am not making a proper use of my tea collection. So, what am I saying? Simply, I have found somebody else. I have treated myself to a Christmas present of a Heston Blumenthal Sage Tea Maker. I am not sure if you are aware but I had been tracking the price of this for a few years, and this year a Black Friday deal turned my head. It won't be the same, I know this, but I need to move on. I am so sorry. This may not be forever though, I will dry you and store you carefully. Again, I am sorry.

Dave x

No comments: