Saturday 9 January 2010

Felonious Jazz: a novel

My rating: 4 of 5 stars
Well, what to say here. A new author but experienced writer, who I happened upon in the aisles of a Raleigh bookstore. This was cool, the chance to get an author to sell their book to me. Bryan managed it, his enthusiasm was infectious and I happily parted with my hard earned pounds dollars.
So, how did it go? An uneasy start for me, not the initial unexpected violence, but the feeling that I was jumping in to the middle of a story and I ought to know more about these characters. It soon settled down though into a steady and thoroughly puzzling mystery. Well, puzzling for the good guys, we are given every thought and action of the bad guy too.
I hadn't realised it but the characters were developing very strongly and by the second half I was enthralled and it became quite the page turner. The ending didn't disappoint and was followed by epilogue type chapters, nice. Ah, and that last chapter...
Very good, more of these characters please Bryan. Recommended to all.



No comments: