Saturday 29 November 2008

Apple of my Eye

Apple of My Eye Apple of My Eye by Helene Hanff


My review


rating: 4 of 5 stars
This was an interesting read. It was great to back in dear Helene's company, and her relaxed style of writing still doesn't disappoint. This fast trip around New York of the seventies was a struggle at times though, the detailed location/directions descriptions meant nothing to me having never visited New York. But this was more than made up for by the obvious love for the city she lived in. She makes a very good point too that nobody takes the time to explore their local area properly, where you live shouldn't be just for tourists. There must be some great hidden gems revealed here in the city, and this book will accompany me if I ever visit The Big Apple.

A question, did the book of photographs she was researching for ever get published?


View all my reviews.

No comments: